FORUM · BOTBEETLE
Sign in to follow this  
JustAnotherKiwi

Historical Data

Hi Andrei

I've just installed Bot Beetle, and when I try to access historical data, I get the following error:

Date:09/07/2021 13:50:30;Type:Exception; Text:System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 52 - Unable to locate a Local Database Runtime installation. Verify that SQL Server Express is properly installed and that the Local Database Runtime feature is enabled.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

I don't have any SQL software on my computer, so I guess that is why it doesn't work. Can you confirm what (SQL) software I need to use historical data? Which database software do you recommend to work with BotBeetle?

Many thanks

kiwi